Easter Bunny Cupcakes
How cute are these Easter Cupcakes!
Thanks to Taste.com.au for the recipe:
- 450g pkt Betty Crocker Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 60g butter, softened
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 12 white marshmallows
- 6 pink marshmallows
- 24 brown M&M’s Minis
- 12 pink M&M’s Minis
- 145g pkt Creative Kitchen Fairy Sweetheart Toppings, 24 pink hearts only
- Dark chocolate writing icing, to decorate
White Chocolate Icing
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (280g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g white chocolate, melted
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 180C. Line twelve 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan holes with paper cases.
- Step 2
Make the cupcakes using cupcake mix, butter, eggs and milk following packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3
To make the white chocolate icing, use an electric mixer to beat the butter in a bowl until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, in batches, beating well after each addition. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined. Add white chocolate. Beat until combined.
- Step 4
Place the coconut in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tbs white chocolate icing. Spread remaining icing over each cake. Dip the top of each cake in coconut to lightly coat. Cut white marshmallows in half. Cut pink marshmallows in half, then cut each half into 2 pieces. Use a little of the reserved icing to attach a pink marshmallow piece to each white marshmallow piece to make ears. Use remaining buttercream to attach the ears, brown M&M’s Minis for eyes, pink M&M’s Minis for noses and pink hearts for a mouth to each cupcake. Use writing icing to pipe whiskers onto each cupcake.