The most common questions from Property Investors
We asked our New Business Manager, Jade Carapetis-Laube, the most common questions that Property Investors ask and here's what she said:
What are the most common features that tenants look for in a rental property?
When tenants are searching for a rental property there are certain features that will make the property more appealing and make your property the most competitive on the market.
- Location of your property is essential for tenants. Tenants are always wanting to be close to public transport, certain school zones, the CBD and main shopping precincts.
- Adequate heating and cooling throughout the home.
- Ample storage including cupboard space in kitchen, laundry, bathroom and having wardrobes in bedrooms
- Low maintenance living as tenants want the ease of low maintenance interior and exterior.
- Allowance of pets as a high volume of quality tenants often have a pet
- Neutral décor throughout the home so tenants have the option to decorate the home to their style/taste
- Space to entertain family and friends
How can I get my property leased quicker?
Advertising your property online through multiple websites with professional photography will assist the process of leasing your property quicker. The first inspection by the tenant is completed online whilst looking for a rental property. If you have average quality photos of your investment property you aren’t going to entice tenants to view the property. Also by having your rental listing as a Premier listing on realestate.com.au this will ensure your property is on the first page when an applicant is searching for a property in that area and not become lost on the other pages.
Also by employing a property management agency such as LJ Hooker Property Management, we constantly have an abundance of high quality tenants which are already pre-screened and waiting for properties.
What’s your best advice for Landlords?
Ensuring every Landlord has Landlord Insurance, as no one can predict the future. Landlord insurance is an important part of having an investment property and you also want to make sure you completely understand what you are covered for. Asking your provider questions in regards to their policy for certain things including rent loss, loss or damage by the tenant and legal liability.
If you would like any further advice, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team on 8269 7711.